To assign a Family Playlist to your students, please follow the instructions below. For information on linking parent accounts to student accounts, see our article on how to .
1. Go to your My Playlist section and find the Family Playlist you would like to assign.
2. Once you have found the Family Playlist, select the arrow to open the action menu and click the Assign button to open the Create New Assignment menu.
3. View the descriptions below to see how each section of the assignment menu works:
A. To assign a playlist to an entire class, select the box to the left of the class name. To assign a playlist to individual students, click the arrow to the left of the class name to view all students enrolled in this class and select the box to the left of each student you would like to assign the playlist to.
B. The Selected Students section will indicate who has been assigned this playlist. In this section, you can remove classes/students from an assigned playlist by clicking on the icon to the left of their name.
C. Select an optional due date for your assignment to help students prioritize their work.
D. Schedule when your Family Playlist notification will be sent out to family partners.
E. To preview the message that will be sent to linked family partners' accounts via text message or email, click the drop down arrow.
F. You can also set one or more optional reminder date that will only be sent to families who have not yet completed the exploration and feedback.
4. Once you have assigned your Family Playlist, you will be given the option to print the Family Exploration and Family Feedback sections for students who do not have internet access at home (and no family partner with a data plan on their phone).
5. Select the student(s) you would like to print a letter for, choose a language, and click the Print button.
6. The printed letter contains the Family Exploration and Family Feedback sections of the family playlist. Students and their family members can complete the family exploration directly on the sheet, and return it. Family members can then send their Family Feedback response via text message by following the instructions on the form. Their responses to questions will be automatically added to your family playlist report. However, families submitting feedback via text message will not be able to send additional comments.
7. To edit your Family Playlist assignment, click on the blue Assigned (#) link. From here you can delete the assignment by clicking on the icon, assign or unassign this playlist to additional students by clicking the Add/Remove Students link, print the Family Exploration and Family Feedback for specific students by clicking the Print link, and create an entirely new assignment with this playlist by clicking the "Create New Assignment" button.
8. If you would like to resend a notification or reminder to a specific family partner, click the + Notification link or the + Reminder link.
9. In the "Send Notifications/Reminders to Family Partners" menu, select the box next to the student whose Family Partner you would like to resend a notification or reminder to, then pick a date and time to send the notification, and click the "Create New Assignment" button.