1. In the My Playlists section, Navigate to the My Playlists tab at the top of your screen and click the Create New Playlist button.
2. For the Select Type option, choose Family Playlist, enter the title for your Family Playlist and click the Create button.
3. Now that you have created a your Family Playlist, you can start customizing each section. Enter specific instructions in the Instructions field, or keep the standard ones already provided. If you would like to add any notes for yourself or other educators (they will not be visible to students), do so in the Author Notes section. You can also add Grades, Subjects, Standards, and Keywords. For more information on this process, read our
4. To add videos, tutorials, games, and assessments to your playlist, click on the icon in each of the Learn, Practice, or Check sections. Please note that the Learn and Practice sections can contain activities and that the Check section can only contain a single assessment. This assessment can include multiple questions.
5. Click on the Activity from Library button to browse and add certified activities or activities from your Personal Library to your playlist. Click on the New Personal Activity to create and add a custom activity to your Family Playlist. Click the Check tile to add certified or custom multiple choice questions.
6. Click on the Family Exploration tile to add an activity your students will complete with a family partner. This section is mandatory. You will not be able to assign a Family Playlist if you leave the Family Exploration section blank.
7. To see examples of a Family Exploration Activity, click on the View Samples link.
For more information about Family Exploration, please read our article.
8. While you cannot edit the Family Feedback section, you can preview it by clicking on the Family Feedback tile.
Congratulations on building Family Playlist from scratch! For information on how to assign this playlist to your students, read our article.